How to Keep Party Wall Surveyors Fees Down

How to Keep Party Wall Surveyors Fees Down

Friday 26th July 2019

When serving a Party Wall Notice under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, the last thing you want to do is download a generic notice from the Internet and serve it yourself, unless you know your neighbours very well. In fact, self-served Notices are one of the main reasons that we get called in as they are nearly always invalid for many reasons.

To start off with, we recommend discussing your project as early as possible with your neighbour. Even if you are waiting for planning permission to come through, we find that the earlier you notify your neighbours of the works and the more transparent you are at the start, the better the Notices are likely to be received and the less likely they are to appoint their own Surveyor. Equally, when it comes to us as Party Wall Surveyors meeting your neighbours, the nature of the works will be less of a shock when discussing it with them.

Fixed fees for party wall services

At Tayross Associates we offer a fixed fee for dealing with your neighbours and we mitigate other Surveyors' costs by the efficient transmission of information rather than dragging the whole process out. Our fees are transparent in that we offer a fixed fee for operating as the Surveyor for the Building Owner and we charge a fixed fee for every neighbour that we have to deal with, whether we are the Agreed Surveyor or end up dealing with another Surveyor. By offering fixed fees for Party Wall services, we find that this allows Building Owners to control their costs a lot more.

To get started with a fixed fee quote, simply send us your drawings ( and we'll aim to get back to you within the same day.

This article was written by Carl O'Boyle BSc MRICS FCIOB MFPWS. Carl is a full professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, a member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building for which he currently sits on the CIOB professional conduct committee and adjudications panel.

If you have any Party Wall enquiries then please call us at our Pinner office on 0208 426 1448. We cover all of London and the surrounding areas.