Scaffold/crane/access licences

Licenses are required when access is required over adjoining owners' properties, whether they be for a crane jib, scaffold or hoarding there will be several common clauses relating to the principle of access with further clauses tailored to the specifics of the access. The Adjoining Owner is not always obliged to give access and the developer may have to resort to not having access by using a Lufting jib which can be upto twice as expensive as a static crane. Its important to open dialogue early with the Adjoining Owner to give plenty of time for negotiations.

At Tayross Associates we have experience in arranging these negotiations with the adjoining parties, whether it's neighbouring homeowners, a housing association or local authority development. In the first instance we will undertake a thorough review of the proposed plans to see if access is needed and a strategy developed to obtain approval in the form of a licence.

How We Help You

  • Access times - Such as weekend working.
  • The duration of access - How long will the access be required for, will it be staged etc.
  • Consideration, Penalties - Rent on a weekly basis, penalties if the overall duration is increased.
  • Indemnities - Insurance for injury and damage.
  • Compliance - With all legal and statutory requirements.
  • Neighbouring premises - Maintaining safe access to/from if appropriate.
  • Protection - Of neighbours' property, roofs, shrubbery, roof lights etc.
  • Damage - During works and procedure for addressing this.
  • Breaches - the procedures to follow if there is a breach of the License terms.
  • Possession - whether exclusive possession is granted or otherwise.
  • Professional fees - would normally be asked to provide an undertaking that they the Building Owners (Party carrying out the Building Works) will cover the reasonable legal and professional fees of the adjoining owner (whether or not a Licence is ultimately agreed).
  • Assignment - if it is anticipated that either party is to divest of their interest in the property during the licence term.
  • Governing Law and Jurisdiction - usually England and Wales.